-The County Government has revoked licences of all PSV operators within the CBD.
–To reduce traffic congestion in the CBD, new termini have been set in place, the CBD extended.
On a circular released to the general public and to the matatu owners association, the County Government of Nairobi has revoked the licences of all PSV operators in picking and dropping passengers within the CBD.
The move comes barely 60 days after the new governor Mike Sonko was sworn into office.
The new termini are as indicated below:
1. All routes accessing the CBD from Waiyaki Way/Uhuru Highway, Kipande Road and Limuru Road – Murang’a Road (Fig Tree) terminus A
2. All routes accessing CBD from Thika Road and including Kiambu Road up to and including Ruiru – Muranga Road (Fig Tree) terminus B
3. All vehicles going past Ruitu but branch off before or at Kenol town on Nyeri/Meru Nairobi Road – Desai Service Road Terminus
4. All vehicles past Kenol on Nyeri-Meru-Nairobi road. All up county road on Uhuru Highway – Park Road Terminus
5. All vehicles using Juja Road, Ring Road Ngara and Park Road to access CBD – Ngara Road Terminus
6. All urban and peri urban routes from Mombasa road/Langata Road – Hakati Terminus
7. All urban and peri urban routes from Ngong road – Railway Terminus
8. All vehicles from Jogoo Road/Lusaka Road – Muthurwa Terminus
9. All high capacity from up country – Machakos Terminus
10. Circular route – Connecting all termini to CBD and Upper Hill
11. Diametric routes – Central Bus Station
The operators and the public are notified of the changes that are required to take effect from the 20th Sept 2017.